Thursday, April 22, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Posted by Urv at 7:04 PM
Monday, November 9, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Her: Oh come on! Be a man! Blurt it out!
Him: It's not what you think.
Her: Oh! don't give me that crap. You are all the same. You come, you have fun and then you leave.
Him: But I always loved you with all my heart. I never cheated on you. I never even thought about anyone else when I was with you.
Her: And now what! You got bored of me!
Him: Don't say that. It's not like that. How do I explain myself. Its just that this is something I always saw myself doing. This was kinda my first love. But I will always remember the days we spent together. I will always have a special place for you in my heart.
*Veer-Zara music plays in the background*
Those table-tennis games, that mail fiasco, the annual parties, those SCJP sessions, system no **29, employee id **35, that 2 o'clock phone call, all those memorable luncheons, the gyaan sharing, all the pagalpanti, fultoo mastigiri and so much more. I will definitely miss this place *sigh*
People say 'Love your job.' I say love your company too. Aakhir pyaar baant ne se badhta hai :)
What's in a name
(after all, what's in a name :P)
Merry go round
The 3 Musketeers
Thank you Koramanagala for all the restaurants/coffee hang-outs.
Thank you Shantisagar (restaurant hai bhidu log. I am neither talking about any Shanti(although I would like to ;)) nor any Sagar.) for that morning cup of tea.
Thank you Mast Kalandar for all those yummy Fridays.
Thank you Tandoor Hut for Tandoor Hut.
*devilish laughter echoes in an infinite loop in the background thread*
PS: In case you did not understand what the post is all about, Sherlock Holmes aur Dan Brown ko bolo ki tumhe adopt kar le ;)
Friday, April 24, 2009
1. Those who openly admit that they adore Tendulkar and
2. Those who do not openly admit that they adore Tendulkar.
The Little Master turns 36 today. In a career that spans across two decades, he has been the best 'coz no other icon has even come close to knowing the expectations of a billion people. He has been the best 'coz he has been a benchmark for batsmen around the world. He has been the best 'coz he is revered by people the world over. He has been the best 'coz this list is endless.
There are a very few occasions when a sportsperson becomes bigger than the game itself. Tendulkar, unknowingly, through sheer genius, has gone eons ahead of that.
He is the best 'coz, well, he simply is.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Oyye Shatab Shatab oyye. Here's the tag :)
1. What does your user name mean?
It means 'baadal'.
2. Elaborate on your user photo.
It is a JPEG image by yours truly which says 'you are we'. Its a play of words on my first name 'U R V'. I used to do a lot of drawings in MS Paint when I was young. I mean main abhi bhi jawaan hi hun, par ab fursat nai milti.
3. How many comments do you have?
I am not gonna count mate. However if you want any web analytics stats, I can pull 'em out of my statcounter.
4. What's your current relationship status?
5. What exactly are you wearing right now?
Blackberry trousers and a John Miller shirt. Shirt ka size hai 42. Trousers ka size main nahi bataane waala :P
6. What is your current problem?
Analysis and estimates for a color editing tool
7. What do you love the most?
Being with my family and friends
8. What makes you most happy?
Lil kiddos :) aren't they adorable
9. Are you musically inclined?
Err.. I listen to music.
10. What would you do if you woke up one morning and found out you were on coccaine?
Eject the Dev D dvd playing in the dvd player.
11. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
World war - III
12. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day, what would you be?
Owl. And sleep all day long :P
13. Ever had a near-death experience?
No bubba. I have not yet met Paulomi ;)
14. Name an obvious quality you have.
I can be obsessive.
15. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Aye dil hai mushkil jeena yahaan, zara hatke, zara bachke, yeh hai bambai meri jaan.. I miss home..
16. Are you happy today?
If it does not rain in South Africa, I will be.
17. Who will cut and paste this first?
We shall come to know. Patience naam ki bhi cheez hoti hai yaaron :D
18. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Plato, woh philosopher tha na.
19. Do you have a secret crush on anyone
20. Do you have a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink?
As a matter of fact, I do not have a kitchen!! I am staying as a paying guest :D
21. Have you ever been in a fight?
Nahi. But I might soon get involved in one with a certain h.o.d somewhere!!!
22. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Yes. During my company's annual party. I pity the ones who stayed through the "performance" ;)
23. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
24. What's your biggest mistake?
You mean till now?
25. Say something totally random about you.
I am in a very cranky mood right now.
26. Has anyone ever said that you look like a celebrity?
Yep. Friends and relatives are of the opinion that Abhishek Bachhan looks like me :P
27. Are you comfortable with your height?
28. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you?
Fallen in love (?)
29. What are your favorite smells?
Bheegi mitti, food..
30. What's something that really annoys you?
Long tags. I don't think a tag should have more than 20 questions/points.
31. What's something you really like?
32. Do you give random hugs and kisses?
Only to hot girls ;)
33. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
5:00 am. I neither had exams nor was I partying.
34. Have you ever been rushed to the emergency room?
35. Whom would you tag?
Nobody. Very few people actually take up the tags. Not everybody is vella like me :P Still feel free to be a sport :)
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Just as I relish watching a masterpiece like The Shawshank Redemption, so do I get captivated by a Matrix Revolutions.
Just as I find bliss in classics like O. Henry, so do I enjoy a frivolous Five Point Someone.
Just as I cherish the nuances of Test cricket, so do I immerse myself in the pleasures of Twenty20.
Evenings, for the days to come, shall no longer be dull and boring. The IPL 2.0 shall finally get rolling this Saturday.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Happy yappy budday Bhai :)
In the blogger, all over blogworld,
you are the Bhai,
you are the Bhai,
you are the Bhai ;)
By the way, you want shoes for your birthday. How do you want them delivered Bhai? George Bush style mein ya Chidambaram style mein :P And you want them at the bus stop or something :P
I started blogging after I became a regular at her bar. Thanks Sanch for introducing me to her blog :) I still love hanging out over there. Maybe we can meet up sometime at a real bar. Whassay Sash ;)
You rock Sash! Hail Sayesha. Or rather HEY Sayesha ;) :P
Monday, April 6, 2009
Rachel: My God, get a room!
Monica: I would get a room with this cake. I think I could show this cake a good time!
Phoebe: If you had to, what would you give up, food or sex?
Monica: (with no hesitation) Sex!
Chandler: (looking at her) Seriously, answer faster!
Monica: Oh, I'm sorry honey, you know, but when she said "sex" I wasn't thinking about "sex with you"!
Chandler: (to Phoebe) It's like a giant hug.
Phoebe: Ross, how about you. What would you give up, sex or food?
Phoebe: Ok, how about... uhm... sex or dinosaurs?
Ross: Oh my God. It's like Sophie's Choice.
Rachel: Oh God. What about you, Joe? What would you give up, sex or food?
Joey: Uhm... oh... I don't know, it's too hard.
Rachel: No, you gotta pick one!
Joey: Oh... food. No, sex. Food! Sex! Food! Se-I don't know! Good God, I don't know, I want girls on bread!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
1. Last drink: water
2. Last phone call: Urv (i demand a balance recharge mister! :P)
3. Last text message: anurag
4. Last song you listened to: soniyo (raaz 2)
5. Last time you cried: a few days ago..
HAVE YOU EVER...
6. Dated someone twice: not dated yet.
7. Been cheated upon? Not really..
8. Kissed someone & regretted it? if I do end up kissing someone I’m not likely to regret it.
9. Lost someone special? yes
10. Been depressed? Used to be…I can take care of myself now:)
11. Been drunk and threw up? nope
LIST THREE FAVOURITE COLOURS:
15. Made new friends: of course… :)
16. Fallen out of love: yes…when Abhishek Bachchan ditched me for that wrinkled hag. :-x
17. Laughed until you cried: loads of times...my eyes are very watery.
18. Met someone who changed you: YES!
19. Found out who your true friends were: yes… I’ve been lucky in this area :)
20. Found out someone was talking about you: yes I did Mr. Holmes… so what?
21. Kissed anyone on your friend's list: I’ve kissed only babies...n none of them have opened orkut/fb accounts yet! ;)
22. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: many of them
23. How many kids do you want to have: 1 of my own n 1 adopted one :)
24. Do you have any pets: not anymore..
25. Do you want to change your name: yes! I hate my name :(
26. What did you do for your last birthday: I wanted to hibernate but ended up having a loooooooooot of fun... :)
27. What time did you wake up today: 8.00am
28. What were you doing at midnight last night: sleeping... what the hell were you
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: a job! Any..!
30. Last time you saw your father: a few minutes ago
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: nothing…I love how imperfectly perfect it is! :D
32. Most visited web page: blogspot
33. Name: trinaa
34. Nicknames: tinni/tinnu/trinni/tintin/
35. Zodiac sign: libra-scorpio (cusp)
36. Male or female or transgender : female
37. Elementary: Holy Cross Montessori school
38. School: Loreto Convent :*
39. Colleges: St.Xavier’s
40. Hair color: reddish brown
41. Long or short: what?? The hair or me?
42. Height: if you keep looking down, you just might spot me... ;D
43. Do you have a crush on someone? Yes…on the tattooed guy I met recently. :P
44. Ever been in love? yes
45. Piercings? Yes… ears n nose.
46. Tattoos? Am getting one soon :P
47. Righty or lefty: righty
48. First surgery: n.a
49. First piercing: when I was 1 n ½ years old :D
50. First best friend: Mumma :)
51. First sport you loved: ludo.
Whaaaat? It’s a sport for me!
52. First pet : a Pomeranian
53. First vacation: Puri..when I was one year old I think.
54. First concert: eeeeeerrrr
55. Firstcrush: eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :P
56. Eating: fruits..yes I eat healthy.
57. Drinking: nothing
58. I'm about to: call HP
59. Listening to: mum asking me to clean my room for the 10000000th time this year.
60. Waiting for: a lot... n nothing! Go figure!
61. Want kids? yes
62. Want to get married? No, I’m just going to contribute to the national population.
63. Careers in mind? Journalism n advertising.
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
64. Lips or eyes: eyes
65. Hugs or kisses: depends on who is giving what. :P
66. Shorter or taller: TALLER! :D
67. Older or Younger: Older ;)
68. Romantic or spontaneous: spontaneously romantic :D
69. Nice stomach or nice arms: both but strong arms are always more attractive.
70. Sensitive or loud: sensitive
71. Hook-up or relationship: relationship.Hook-ups are for commitment phobic losers who have no idea what they want from life.
72. Trouble maker or hesitant: trouble maker like meeeeeeeeee.. :D
HAVE YOU EVER :
73. Kissed a stranger: Yes, it’s my favourite pastime you moron.
74. Lost glasses contacts: lost broken trampled powdered to dust...I’ve done just about everything in the 5 years that I’ve worn specs.
76. Broken someone's heart: yes :(
77. Had your own heart broken: yes.
78. Been arrested: kanoon ke haath itne bhi lambe nai hain.. ;P
79. Turned someone down: yes...n I’m sorry :(
80. Cried when someone died: that is the normal reaction I’d say.
81. Liked a friend that is a girl? Haain?? Well...I like my friends who are mostly gals but not Dostana types!
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
81. Yourself: YES!
82. Miracles: yes again!
83. God: haan baba..
84. Love at first sight: ummm…if that tattooed guy calls me then yes! ;D
85. Heaven: yes…n it’s right where we are :)
86. Santa Claus: no
87. Kiss on the first date? Depends...if it's Ranbir then I’m not wasting any time :P
88. Angels: yes
89. Devils: YEEEEEEEES! My H.O.D is one...grrrrrrr
90. Is there one person you want to be with right now? Yes...
91. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time? I think this tag has been made by a very frustrated soul.
92. Wanted to kill someone ever? Sure...
93. Among your blog mates, whom would you like to kiss? :o
94. Committed a blunder and regretted later? Yes.
95. Wanted to steal your friend's boyfriend / girlfriend? Cheeeee..never!
Associate with something you wear:
96. White: tee
97. Black: chappals
98. Red: I don’t wear red much.
99. Pink: shorts
100. Posting this as 100 Truths? No...I was just checking my typing speed.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
wings of poesy
soar into the sky
colours of the rainbow
enlighten even the night
blessed indeed are poets;
artists, lovers and friends
they may die, shrivel and wither
n still live through the gems they penned
oh how i wish to immortalize this life and times in rhyme
the verse is weak; the poet unknown
and yet i hope to raise the rhythm divine.
How I wonder what you are,
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.